Are you thinking of putting up your Key West marina for sale? Did you know that there are strategies marinas can undertake in advance to increase the value of your businesses? RE/MAX Keys Connection’s owner and broker Curtis Skomp is one of South Florida’s top commercial real estate brokers and can help prepare you for this massive transaction and ensure that you get the most money possible from the sale of your marina.
Access Important Tips For Marina Selling
When you choose to work with with Curtis Skomp or a RE/MAX Keys agent early, you’ll have access to important information that will increase the value of your marina. In the meantime, here are just a few of the many tips you’ll receive when you meet with our experienced team:
- Organize your financials. Providing at least three years of financial statements showing actual cash flow, it’s easier for our team to help you figure out add backs that you might miss that affect the bottom line.
- Compile a wish list for upgrades to your marina that would immediately add value to your marina. You know what is needed to expand, but you might not have the time or resources to see these upgrades come to life. A potential buyer will greatly appreciate the benefit of your experience and may adopt your wishlist as their own. If they have the resources for more water dockage for additional slips, larger fuel tanks, or more lifts, for example, these ideas can help the potential buyer see the actual worth of their potential investment.
- Be willing to commit to a reasonable due diligence period in which you stay onboard during the transition period. This commitment can make a motivated, but insecure buyer feel more comfortable.
- Compile a complete presentation for due diligence including tax assessments, insurance details, land surveys. While you’re at it, shop insurance providers and examine tax assessments to make sure that your Key West marina will have the best bottom line.
- Eliminate wasteful spending now. This improves the bottom line. If you can show that in your financials, it will help the future buyer see exactly how much they could make annually from the purchase of your marina.
Never Neglect A Marina You Intend To Sell
Remember, the biggest issues facing many marina owners is that they don’t have the current finances nor desire to add more amenities to their marina. Include amenities on a wish list presentation, but in the meantime, do not neglect your maina’s daily care. It takes much longer to sell a marina that has been neglected in any way.
Upscale, Comfortable Commercial Real Estate Office
The RE/MAX Keys Connection office is located in the Historic Heritage House in the heart of Old Town, conveniently located immediately nearby major downtown hotels. Our unique, cafe-style real estate office offers our valued clients a welcoming, upscale, professional environment. Enjoy complimentary beverages, free wi-fi, and a private conference room or expansive front porch, depending on the level of privacy you’re most comfortable with.
- Florida Keys Bars & Restaurants For Sale
- Business Opportunities in the Florida Keys
- Investment Properties in the Florida Keys
- Marinas For Sale in Florida
- Hotels/Bed & Breakfasts For Sale In Florida
- Multi-Unit Commercial Properties For Sale in the Keys
Experienced Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Company
RE/MAX Keys Connection’s owner and broker Curtis Skomp is one of South Florida’s top commercial real estate brokers. With over two decades of experience and a CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) designation, Curtis has brokered commercial real estate including industrial properties, shopping centers, strip malls, trailer parks, bars, restaurants, hotels and multi-unit apartment buildings. Unlike many brokers, Curtis isn’t intimidated by bank foreclosures either.
RE/MAX Keys Connection offers clients international exposure with local service. Our service area includes Key West, Big Pine Key, Marathon, Islamorada, Key Largo, and all of unincorporated Monroe County. Our office is fluent in Spanish, which is highly important when doing business in Southern Florida.