If you have plans for a new business in Monroe County, Florida, make sure you don’t hit any snags. Here’s a brief overview of considerations for people opening businesses in Monroe County.
Local Business Taxes In Monroe County
If you plan to lease a commercial property and open a new business in Monroe County, Florida, you should know that all new businesses must obtain a local business tax before engaging in business. The Monroe County business tax fee will depend on many variables, as discussed in a recent blog post.
Business Tax Deadlines In Monroe County
If you apply for a new local business tax after March 31st each year, you will pay a prorated fee. In order to apply for a local business tax in Monroe County, contact the Monroe County Tax Collector’s Office in person or by telephone at (305) 295-5063.
What To Bring To Obtain A Monroe County Business Tax
In order to get permission to conduct business in the county, the tax collector’s office will need you to provide them with minimally, the following pieces of documentation or information:
- Name of the business owner
- Mailing address of the business owner
- Location of the physical location of the Monroe County business
- A Federal Tax ID number or a social security number, if a sole proprietorship/DBA
- Copy of Corporation Papers or your Fictitious Name Registration
- Proof of compliance documents provided by the state or county for regulated businesses
- Inspection documentation when applicable (ie. Inspection documentation from the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services or The Florida Division of Hotel & Restaurant Commission
- Your Florida Sales Tax Number when applicable
- Any other required licenses (check with the Consumer Services Department 1-800-435-7352)
If you still haven’t found commercial real estate to purchase or lease for your business, please contact us. We have the experience and knowledge specific to commercial real estate that you will need to move forward.
1 SEA GRAPE PLANTATION RESORT Road W OTHER, Florida
30 Beds 33 Baths
Upscale, Comfortable Commercial Real Estate Office
The RE/MAX Keys Connection office is located in the Historic Heritage House in the heart of Old Town, conveniently located immediately nearby major downtown hotels. Our unique, cafe-style real estate office offers our valued clients a welcoming, upscale, professional environment. Enjoy complimentary beverages, free wi-fi, and a private conference room or expansive front porch, depending on the level of privacy you’re most comfortable with.
- Florida Keys Bars & Restaurants For Sale
- Business Opportunities in the Florida Keys
- Investment Properties in the Florida Keys
- Marinas For Sale in Florida
- Hotels/Bed & Breakfasts For Sale In Florida
- Multi-Unit Commercial Properties For Sale in the Keys
Experienced Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Company
RE/MAX Keys Connection’s owner and broker Curtis Skomp is one of South Florida’s top commercial real estate brokers. With over two decades of experience and a CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) designation, Curtis has brokered commercial real estate including industrial properties, shopping centers, strip malls, trailer parks, bars, restaurants, hotels and multi-unit apartment buildings. Unlike many brokers, Curtis isn’t intimidated by bank foreclosures either.
RE/MAX Keys Connection offers clients international exposure with local service. Our service area includes Key West, Big Pine Key, Marathon, Islamorada, Key Largo, and all of unincorporated Monroe County. Our office is fluent in Spanish, which is highly important when doing business in Southern Florida.