Looking for a list of communities in the Florida Keys? Below you will find towns, villages, neighborhoods, census designated places (CDP), and some specific keys that constitute communities located within the Florida Keys. These places are separated by the group of Keys in which they’re located. In this series of blog posts, we’ll also take a closer look at these unique places in the Florida Keys.
The lists are arrange alphabetically, not arranged by mile marker along U.S. Highway 1 (the Overseas Highway). Neither is this list of communities in the Florida Keys arranged by longitude and latitude.
The keys considered the Upper Keys are the following: North Key Largo & Key Largo, Tavernier, Plantation Key, Windley Key, Islamorada, Upper Matecumbe Key, Tea Table Key, and Lignumvitae. Here are some point-of-interest places in the Upper Keys:
- Anglers Park – Anglers Park is an unincorporated community in Monroe County located in the upper Florida Keys on Key Largo on U.S. Route 1. It’s next to the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park.
- Carysfort Yacht Harbor – Carysfort Yacht Harbor is located within the North Key Largo CDP.
- Dynamite Docks – Once known as the Key Largo pier, this place became known as “Dynamite Docks” and is now administered by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
- Garden Cove – Garden Cove is an unincorporated community in Monroe County in the upper Florida Keys. Garden Cove is on Key Largo southwest of North Key Largo CDP.
- Grayvik – Grayvik was an unincorporated community located in the upper Florida Keys on Key Largo.
- Islamorada – Islamorada is an incorporated village in Monroe County. It spans five islands:Tea Table Key, Lower Matecumbe Key, Upper Matecumbe Key, Windley Key and Plantation Key.
- Jewfish – Jewfish is an unincorporated community in Monroe County located in the upper Florida Keys. Jewfish is on Key Largo off U.S. Route 1 just west of North Key Largo CDP.
- Key Largo – Key Largo is an island in the Upper Florida Keys and the largest section of the Keys. It’s at 33 miles (53 km) long.
- Key Largo Village – Key Largo Village is a community of single-family homes in Key Largo.
- Matecumbe – Matecumbe is a neighborhood in the Village of Islamorada.
- Newport – Newport is an unincorporated community located on Key Largo on US 1.
- Lower Matecumbe Beach – Lower Matecumbe Beach is a neighborhood within the Village of Islamorada.
- Plantation Key is a former census-designated place on Plantation Key. It’s now a part of the Village of Islamorada.
- Rock Harbor – Rock Harbor is an unincorporated community on Key Largo on US 1. It’s northeast of Thompson and southwest of Newport.
- Sunset Point – Sunset Point is an unincorporated community on Key Largo on US 1. It’s northeast of Tavernier and Thompson and southwest of Rock Harbor.
- Tavernier – Tavernier is a CDP and unincorporated community on Key Largo.
- Thompson – Thompson is an unincorporated community on Key Largo on US 1. It’s northeast of Tavernier and southwest of Sunset Point and Rock Harbor.
Keys in the Middle Keys include: Duck Key, Fiesta Key, Pigeon Key, Grassy Key, Long Key, Conch Key, Key Vaca, Boot Key, Craig Key, Fat Deer Key, Crawl Key, Knight’s Key, Long Point Key and Key Colony Beach (formerly Shelter Key). Here are some points-of-interest places in the Middle Keys:
- Conch Key – Conch Key is an island and unincorporated community. U.S. 1 crosses the key at approximately mile markers 62-63, between Long and Duck Keys. It is part of Duck Key CDP.
- Craig Key – Craig Key is an island intersected by U.S. 1 at approximately mile marker 72. It’s between Lower Matecumbe Key and Fiesta Key. Craig Key used to be called, “Camp Panama.” It’s not a natural island.
- Duck Key – Duck Key is a CDP and unincorporated community on an island of the same name. Its CDP also includes the neighboring island of Conch Key.
- Grassy Key – Grassy Key is an island on U.S. 1 found at approximately mile markers 57—60. It’s below the Conch Keys.
- Key Colony Beach – Key Colony Beach is a municipality in Monroe County.
- Long Key – Long Key is an island in the middle Florida Keys.
- Marathon – Marathon is a city in the Florida Keys. It’s set on 13 islands. It’s a prime boating destination.
- Marathon Shores – Marathon Shores is a neighborhood within the City of Marathon.
- Valhalla – Valhalla is a neighborhood within the City of Marathon on the island of Crawl Key.
Lower Keys (& Key West)
The Lower Keys consist of Bahia Honda Key, Big Coppitt, Big Pine Key, Big Torch Key, Boca Chica Key, Cudjoe Key, East Rockland Key, Fleming Key, Geiger Key, Key West, Knockemdown Key, Little Duck Key, Little Torch Key, Lower Sugarloaf Key, Middle Torch Key, Missouri Key, Money Key, No Name Key, Ohio Key, Park Key, Pigeon Key, Racoon Key, Ramrod Key, Rockland Key, Saddlebuch Key, Scout Key (Summerland Key), Shark Key, Sisgbee Park, Spanish Harbor, Stock Island, Sugarloaf Key, Summerland Key, Sunset Key, Sunshine Key and Wisteria Island. Here are some points-of-interest places in the Lower Keys:
- Bay Point – Bay Point is an unincorporated community in the Saddlebunch Keys near mile marker 15.
- Big Coppitt Key – Big Coppitt Key is crossed by U.S. 1 at approximately mile markers 9.5-11, between East Rockland Key and the Saddlebunch Keys.
- Big Pine Key -Big Pine Key is a CDP on an island of the same name.
- Big Munson Island– Big Munson Island is an island owned by the Boy Scouts of America.
- Boca Chica Key – Boca Chica Key is an island in the lower Florida Keys, about a mile east of the island of Key West at its closest point
- Cudjoe Key – Cudjoe Key is a CDP on an island of the same name.
- East Rockland Key – East Rockland Key is an island about 4 miles east of Key West. U.S. 1 crosses the edge of it at approximately mile markers 8-9.5 It’s between Boca Chica Key and Big Coppitt Key.
- Key Haven – Key Haven is an unincorporated community on Raccoon Key.
- Key West – Key West is an island and a city in the Straits of Florida. It’s at the southernmost end of U.S. Route 1. It’s is the southernmost city in the contiguous United States. Key West is the westernmost island that is actually connected by a highway in the Florida Keys.
- Layton – Layton is a city on the island of Long Key.
- Little Torch Key – Little Torch Key is an island in the Lower Keys.
- Munson Island – Munson Island is an island just off Big Munson Island.
- Perky – Perky is a ghost town on Lower Sugarloaf Key near mile marker 17 on U.S. Route 1.
- Pirates Cove – Pirates Cove is an unincorporated community on Sugarloaf Key on the old State Road 4A just south of U.S. Route 1.
- Raccoon Key – Raccoon Key is an island just east of of Key West.
- Ramrod Key – Ramrod Key is an island. It was originally named, “Roberts Island.”
- Stock Island – Stock Island is a CDP and unincorporated community on an island of the same name.
- Sugar Loaf Key – Sugarloaf Key is a single island that forms a loop on the Atlantic Ocean. That makes it look like two separate islands.
- Sugarloaf Shores – Sugarloaf Shores is an unincorporated community on Lower Sugarloaf Key near mile marker 17. It’s right across U.S. 1 from the ghost town of Perky.
- Summerland Key – Summerland Key is an island about 20 miles east of Key West that contains an unincorporated community with the same name. U.S. 1 crosses the island near mile markers 24—25.5 between Ramrod Key and Cudjoe Key.
RE/MAX Keys Connection
3428 Roosevelt Boulevard N 1,2,3,4,5,6 KEY WEST, Florida
7 Baths 8,046 SqFt
Upscale, Comfortable Commercial Real Estate Office
The RE/MAX Keys Connection office is located in the Historic Heritage House in the heart of Old Town, conveniently located immediately nearby major downtown hotels. Our unique, cafe-style real estate office offers our valued clients a welcoming, upscale, professional environment. Enjoy complimentary beverages, free wi-fi, and a private conference room or expansive front porch, depending on the level of privacy you’re most comfortable with.
- Florida Keys Bars & Restaurants For Sale
- Business Opportunities in the Florida Keys
- Investment Properties in the Florida Keys
- Marinas For Sale in Florida
- Hotels/Bed & Breakfasts For Sale In Florida
- Multi-Unit Commercial Properties For Sale in the Keys
Experienced Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Company
RE/MAX Keys Connection’s owner and broker Curtis Skomp is one of South Florida’s top commercial real estate brokers. With over two decades of experience and a CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) designation, Curtis has brokered commercial real estate including industrial properties, shopping centers, strip malls, trailer parks, bars, restaurants, hotels and multi-unit apartment buildings. Unlike many brokers, Curtis isn’t intimidated by bank foreclosures either.
RE/MAX Keys Connection offers clients international exposure with local service. Our service area includes Key West, Big Pine Key, Marathon, Islamorada, Key Largo, and all of unincorporated Monroe County. Our office is fluent in Spanish, which is highly important when doing business in Southern Florida.
Hot Key West Business Opportunities
3428 Roosevelt Boulevard N 1,2,3,4,5,6 KEY WEST, Florida
7 Baths 8,046 SqFt
Are You Looking for Commercial Property in the Florida Keys?
Use our site to search commercial real estate in Key West and all of the Florida Keys. Unlike the “big name” sites out there, our site is directly connected to our local MLS and is updated with new properties every HOUR. By creating a Property Manager account you can stay on top of the newest businesses that go up on the market and get Price Change alerts so you can stay ahead of other buyers and beat them to the best deals!
In the meantime, check out these 1-click searches:
- All Businesses for Sale
- Office Buildings
- Hotels, Motels & Bed & Breakfasts
- Bars & Restaurants
- Marinas for Sale in Key West
- Investment Properties
- Business Opportunities
Newest Key West Commercial Properties on the Market
1900 Staples Avenue KEY WEST, Florida
2 Beds 2 Baths 1,749 SqFt
5730 2nd Avenue Stock Island, Florida
3 Beds 4 Baths 3,674 SqFt
5570 3Rd Avenue A Stock Island, Florida
1 Baths 1,627 SqFt
3208 Flagler Avenue 2 KEY WEST, Florida
1 Baths 4,021 SqFt
[button size=”large” url=”https://homes.floridakeyscommercial.com/i/newest-commercial-properties-for-sale-in-key-west-fl” expand=”true” color=”#dd3333″]View All[/button]