This series of blog posts features the communities, villages, cities and keys in the Florida Keys archipelago, because, there’s still so much unrevealed about our area. In the first blog post in this series, we introduced a multitude of communities in the Florida Keys. In the second post in the series, we looked more closely at specific communities in the Upper Keys. Now, we’ll take a closer look at specific communities in the Middle Keys.
Which Keys are in the Middle Keys?
Keys in the Middle Keys include: Duck Key, Fiesta Key, Pigeon Key, Grassy Key, Long Key, Conch Key, Key Vaca, Boot Key, Craig Key, Fat Deer key, Crawl Key, Knight’s Key, Long Point Key and Key Colony Beach (formerly Shelter Key).
Places in the Middle Keys
- Conch Key – Conch Key is an island, but also a community in the Middle Keys located between Long and Duck Keys. Conch Key didn’t exist until it was filled in. It is a fishing and retirement community and has an “Old Florida” style village setting.
- Craig Key – Craig Key, a man-made key between Lower Matecumbe Key and Fiesta Key, used to be called, “Camp Panama.” Craig Key is a beautiful key with casuarina trees, coconut trees and Australian pines. Interestingly, Former President Herbert Hoover moored his yacht on this key in the 1930s.
- Duck Key – Duck Key is a community on the island of the same name. It’s a popular Florida Keys destination known for fishing, snorkeling, paddleboarding, kiteboarding and just plain relaxing!
— Hawks Cay Resort (@HawksCayResort) March 29, 2019
- Key Colony Beach – Key Colony Beach is located mostly on an island formerly known as Shelter Key. Some of it is on Fat Deer Key, where the Sadowski Causeway meets with U.S. Highway 1.
— Lori Burke (@MSPRgirl) March 16, 2018
- Long Key – Long Key features the City of Layton. It’s also where you’ll find Long Key State Park which is popular with campers.
- Marathon – Marathon is a city set on 13 islands (Boot Key, Knight’s Key, Hog Key, Vaca Key, Stirrup Key, Crawl Key, Little Crawl Key, East and West Sister’s Island, Deer Key, much of Fat Deer Key, Long Point Key, and Grassy Key). Marathon includes neighborhoods like Grassy Key, Central Gulf, Coco Plum, Morton and Sombrero Beach. One of the coolest attractions for divers is the wreckage from a 15 ship Spanish Treasure fleet from 1733! Marathon is a treasure trove from eco-tourism and history buffs. It has a population of around 10,000 people. Marathon is a popular sport fishing destination. Significant revenue comes from several charter fishing boats, local marinas, eco-tourism, restaurants and bars. It’s a favorite spot for tourists that enjoy diving, snorkeling, spearfishing, and lobster tickling.
— Islands of Marathon (@Marathon_FLKeys) July 6, 2016
- Valhalla – Valhalla is a neighborhood within the City of Marathon on the island of Crawl Key.
RE/MAX Keys Connection
Upscale, Comfortable Commercial Real Estate Office
The RE/MAX Keys Connection office is located in the Historic Heritage House in the heart of Old Town, conveniently located immediately nearby major downtown hotels. Our unique, cafe-style real estate office offers our valued clients a welcoming, upscale, professional environment. Enjoy complimentary beverages, free wi-fi, and a private conference room or expansive front porch, depending on the level of privacy you’re most comfortable with.
Experienced Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Company
RE/MAX Keys Connection’s owner and broker Curtis Skomp is one of South Florida’s top commercial real estate brokers. With over two decades of experience and a CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) designation, Curtis has brokered commercial real estate including industrial properties, shopping centers, strip malls, trailer parks, bars, restaurants, hotels and multi-unit apartment buildings. Unlike many brokers, Curtis isn’t intimidated by bank foreclosures either.
RE/MAX Keys Connection offers clients international exposure with local service. Our service area includes Key West, Big Pine Key, Marathon, Islamorada, Key Largo, and all of unincorporated Monroe County. Our office is fluent in Spanish, which is highly important when doing business in Southern Florida.
Hot Key West Business Opportunities
Are You Looking for Commercial Property in the Florida Keys?
Use our site to search commercial real estate in Key West and all of the Florida Keys. Unlike the “big name” sites out there, our site is directly connected to our local MLS and is updated with new properties every HOUR. By creating a Property Manager account you can stay on top of the newest businesses that go up on the market and get Price Change alerts so you can stay ahead of other buyers and beat them to the best deals!
In the meantime, check out these 1-click searches:
- All Businesses for Sale
- Office Buildings
- Hotels, Motels & Bed & Breakfasts
- Bars & Restaurants
- Marinas for Sale in Key West
- Investment Properties
- Business Opportunities
Newest Key West Commercial Properties on the Market
Key West, Florida
58743 Overseas Highway MARATHON, Florida
17 Beds 16 Baths 6,926 SqFt
718 Caroline Street A KEY WEST, Florida
1 Baths 1,331 SqFt