Florida Trend has a neat quiz that you can take to see if you have what will be needed to be a small business owner. It asks people to rate their character strengths. The following traits and habits are seen as important to being a successful business owner in Florida:
- Ability to “stick to it.” Running a business in Florida requires determination, because it’s not always going to be easy. Do you throw in the towel easily? Owning a small business might not be for you if you do.
- Needing less sleep when you’re interested in something.
- The ability to examine and learn from your mistakes
- Having a strong personal need and desire to succeed. Your personal motivation may sometimes be the only thing that gets you through rough patches, so a need to succeed can act as this motivation.
- Adaptability. People who can easily adapt are generally stringer business owners. Times changes, customer needs change. Financial trends change. Adaptability is critical.
- The willingness to take chances. There are no guarantees when you own a business. Sometimes you just need to take a leap.
- Curiosity. Being a curious person can be a strong motivator.
- Good instincts. As a business owner, you’ll need good instincts. You’ll have to make decisions and you won’t always have all the facts, so having good instincts can make up for any lack of information available.
- Confidence. You have to feel sure of yourself and stay positive, because owning a business requires command presence.
- The ability to see problems as challenges. If a problem arises, and it is viewed as a road block, you won’t get very far ahead as a business owner. Seeing these problems as challenges can make overcoming problems possible.
RE/MAX Keys Connection
Upscale, Comfortable Commercial Real Estate Office
The RE/MAX Keys Connection office is located in the Historic Heritage House in the heart of Old Town, conveniently located immediately nearby major downtown hotels. Our unique, cafe-style real estate office offers our valued clients a welcoming, upscale, professional environment. Enjoy complimentary beverages, free wi-fi, and a private conference room or expansive front porch, depending on the level of privacy you’re most comfortable with.
- Florida Keys Bars & Restaurants For Sale
- Business Opportunities in the Florida Keys
- Investment Properties in the Florida Keys
- Marinas For Sale in Florida
- Hotels/Bed & Breakfasts For Sale In Florida
- Multi-Unit Commercial Properties For Sale in the Keys
Experienced Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Company
RE/MAX Keys Connection’s owner and broker Curtis Skomp is one of South Florida’s top commercial real estate brokers. With over two decades of experience and a CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) designation, Curtis has brokered commercial real estate including industrial properties, shopping centers, strip malls, trailer parks, bars, restaurants, hotels and multi-unit apartment buildings. Unlike many brokers, Curtis isn’t intimidated by bank foreclosures either.
RE/MAX Keys Connection offers clients international exposure with local service. Our service area includes Key West, Big Pine Key, Marathon, Islamorada, Key Largo, and all of unincorporated Monroe County. Our office is fluent in Spanish, which is highly important when doing business in Southern Florida.
Contact RE/MAX Keys Connection Today!