Florida allows woman-owned enterprises, veteran-owned enterprises, and minority-owned enterprises to apply for a Certified Business Enterprise Status. This is also known as a “CBE.” It affords these groups significant advantages in business. Not only does it give you a competitive edge while bidding on jobs within the state, it also helps your business get noticed by the community. Here are some of the advantages:
Woman-owned enterprises, veteran-owned enterprises, and minority-owned enterprises that are small businesses in Florida that are certified by the state are actually the first tier of businesses referred to state agencies. So, the advantage just as a vendor for the state is significant. Newly certified businesses in these categories are featured for a shirt time on the Office of Supplier Diversity (OSD) home page. After that, you will be continually listed in the Certified Business Enterprise Vendor Directory. The State of Florida will include you on a special mailing list so that you can get advanced knowledge of special opportunities. They will also email you about networking opportunities and seminars. You will have the opportunity to be featured in the Vendor in the Spotlight program. This is excellent for growing your business.
If you meet the following requirements,you qualify for certification:
- Your business is legally registered as a for-profit organization that can do business in Florida.
- Your business is based in Florida.
- Your business is both owned and managed by a Florida resident or Florida residents.
- Your business is at least 51 percent owned and managed by a veteran, woman, or minority. This person/ these people have to also be either a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien.
- You are currently doing business.
- You are registered in the MyFloridaMarketPlace.
- You have a newt worth of less than five million dollars.
- You have less than or equal to 200 full-time employees in your business.
- You have all required professional licenses and they are listed in the name of the woman, veteran or minority business owner.
RE/MAX Keys Connection
3428 Roosevelt Boulevard N 1,2,3,4,5,6 KEY WEST, Florida
7 Baths 8,046 SqFt
Upscale, Comfortable Commercial Real Estate Office
The RE/MAX Keys Connection office is located in the Historic Heritage House in the heart of Old Town, conveniently located immediately nearby major downtown hotels. Our unique, cafe-style real estate office offers our valued clients a welcoming, upscale, professional environment. Enjoy complimentary beverages, free wi-fi, and a private conference room or expansive front porch, depending on the level of privacy you’re most comfortable with.
- Florida Keys Bars & Restaurants For Sale
- Business Opportunities in the Florida Keys
- Investment Properties in the Florida Keys
- Marinas For Sale in Florida
- Hotels/Bed & Breakfasts For Sale In Florida
- Multi-Unit Commercial Properties For Sale in the Keys
Experienced Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Company
RE/MAX Keys Connection’s owner and broker Curtis Skomp is one of South Florida’s top commercial real estate brokers. With over two decades of experience and a CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) designation, Curtis has brokered commercial real estate including industrial properties, shopping centers, strip malls, trailer parks, bars, restaurants, hotels and multi-unit apartment buildings. Unlike many brokers, Curtis isn’t intimidated by bank foreclosures either.
RE/MAX Keys Connection offers clients international exposure with local service. Our service area includes Key West, Big Pine Key, Marathon, Islamorada, Key Largo, and all of unincorporated Monroe County. Our office is fluent in Spanish, which is highly important when doing business in Southern Florida.