A commercial real estate lease agreement in the Florida Keys will be crucial as a real estate investor. They can be, and should be, far more complicated that a lease on a residential unit. These must be handled with caution and we always suggest getting professional legal advice before signing a commercial lease agreement in the Keys.
You will want to be careful to consider the following questions:
- How do you feel about sublease situations? Are you willing to allow the tenant to sublease your Florida Keys commercial property?
- Will you allow your tenant to have exclusivity on the type of business on your commercial property in the Keys? For example, if one tattoo studio rents one unit, would you allow a different tattoo shop to rent another unit in the same building?
- How will you handle alterations on your commercial property? Would you allow tenants to move walls? Some landlords don’t even allow a fresh coat of paint without permission. Where will you fit in?
- If something happens making the unit not up to code, how will you ensure that your tenant’s business doesn’t suffer undue hardship?
3428 Roosevelt Boulevard N 1,2,3,4,5,6 KEY WEST, Florida
7 Baths 8,046 SqFt
Upscale, Comfortable Commercial Real Estate Office
The RE/MAX Keys Connection office is located in the Historic Heritage House in the heart of Old Town, conveniently located immediately nearby major downtown hotels. Our unique, cafe-style real estate office offers our valued clients a welcoming, upscale, professional environment. Enjoy complimentary beverages, free wi-fi, and a private conference room or expansive front porch, depending on the level of privacy you’re most comfortable with.
- Florida Keys Bars & Restaurants For Sale
- Business Opportunities in the Florida Keys
- Investment Properties in the Florida Keys
- Marinas For Sale in Florida
- Hotels/Bed & Breakfasts For Sale In Florida
- Multi-Unit Commercial Properties For Sale in the Keys
Experienced Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Company
RE/MAX Keys Connection’s owner and broker Curtis Skomp is one of South Florida’s top commercial real estate brokers. With over two decades of experience and a CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) designation, Curtis has brokered commercial real estate including industrial properties, shopping centers, strip malls, trailer parks, bars, restaurants, hotels and multi-unit apartment buildings. Unlike many brokers, Curtis isn’t intimidated by bank foreclosures either.
RE/MAX Keys Connection offers clients international exposure with local service. Our service area includes Key West, Big Pine Key, Marathon, Islamorada, Key Largo, and all of unincorporated Monroe County. Our office is fluent in Spanish, which is highly important when doing business in Southern Florida.